Mobileum Inc. (“Mobileum”), a leading global provider of analytics-based roaming, telco security, risk management and testing solutions, released the findings of an industry survey today, which found that 75% of operators polled were experiencing new or emerging incidences of fraud and 61% said network security threats increased or significantly increased since the beginning of the Coronavirus pandemic…
Mobileum Inc. (“Mobileum”), a leading global provider of analytics-based roaming, telco security, risk management and testing solutions, released the findings of an industry survey today, which found that 75% of operators polled were experiencing new or emerging incidences of fraud and 61% said network security threats increased or significantly increased since the beginning of the Coronavirus pandemic. At their recent WeMeet Virtual user event, Mobileum surveyed more than 200 executives from 90 Communications Service Providers (CSPs) on the effect of COVID-19 on their operations.
The event is on its 14th edition and this year the theme focused around ‘Shaping the New Normal’, featuring a series of expert industry insights, case study presentations, and interactive roundtable discussions. During the three-day virtual event, Mobileum’s survey also found:
• 47% said fraud events increased or significantly increased
• 55% said they will implement new approaches to customer interactions
• 71% said the impact of COVID-19 would not change their 5G rollout plans
• 75% said they will not change their IoT roaming plans
• 30% said accounts receivable increased by at least 10%
“The onset of the pandemic saw a growth in customers seeking advice on how to manage the emerging security, risk management, and business assurance challenges. The findings from the survey underline how CSPs need to be constantly vigilant and put in place the mechanisms to protect their customers, network and overall business sustainability”, commented Bernardo Lucas, Mobileum CMO.
In the past three months, Mobileum has been working closely with Telecom operators, providing solutions to prevent COVID-19 related robocalls, smishing, and content piracy, as more people were working from home. In addition, Mobileum helped its customers improve debt collection and negotiation, maintain margin control, and increase network security and fraud protection.
At WeMeet, Mobileum also announced the availability of RAID 8.2. Key highlights of the new release include:
• Detect and block fraud and network security attacks: RAID 8.2 provides a fully integrated telecom fraud and network security solution that correlates insights between fraud and security incidents
• AI-first: AI and machine learning capabilities are expanded across the RAID platform providing users with embedded AI capabilities and with the ability to integrate their own or 3rd party models
• VoLTE, 5G, and IoT ready: with cross-protocol signaling protections, including GTP & SIP
Mobileum’s platform is an end-to-end integrated Risk Management and Network Security software solution that allows CSPs to focus on growing their businesses by putting fraud, revenue assurance, and network security risks under control. The platform is available both on-premises and on the cloud, delivering advanced solutions that successfully support and assure traditional services, such as voice and data, and also the release of next-generation services supported by core telecom networks as they evolve towards Virtualization, Cloud and 5G. To learn more about it visit https://www.mobileum.com/products/fraud-and-risk-intelligence/
View more of the latest press releases from across the industry or post your company's news.