With the number of connected devices using cellular IoT ever increasing and the high data throughput that is required for many IoT applications, Adax, the industry leader in high performance signaling and packet-processing for network infrastructure, has upgraded its GTP protocol product to enable high capacity and performance in IoT and M2M as well as 3G and 4G networks…
With the number of connected devices using cellular IoT ever increasing and the high data throughput that is required for many IoT applications, Adax, the industry leader in high performance signaling and packet-processing for network infrastructure, has upgraded its GTP protocol product to enable high capacity and performance in IoT and M2M as well as 3G and 4G networks.
The new version of the Adax GTP is a virtualised software-only module which enables the scalability needed to deliver the performance capabilities to handle the millions of Packet Data Protocols (PDP) contexts being demanded. This move to a software-only module nods to the growth of network virtualisation which is being sold as an attractive prospect for operators.
“As network capacity increases and changes so does the need for performance, security and reliability. This upgrade to our GTP solution is another example of Adax enabling our customers to meet the latest technical challenges, particularly with IoT and M2M becoming more prolific, and achieve their desired business goals”, explains Robin Kent, director of European operations at Adax.
“Our customers are often concerned with the increase in the number of connected devices and the impact that this will have on the network and overall QoS. With GTP removing the bottleneck in the network and increasing performance, these concerns can be alleviated and enable our customers to build the solutions they need”, concludes Kent.
Adax GTP features and benefits:
• Can be deployed as a virtual network element on a variety of different commercial cloud computing providers
• Support for Multiple APNs and for Overlapping Addresses for MS devices
• Interworking between IP and GTP-U (GTP Tunnel termination)
• Termination and Relay per PDP context for Mobile Data Offload (GTP Bypass)
• Interworking between two separate GTP tunnels (GTP Relay)
• GTP-U Echo Requests/Responses can be terminated to the host, relayed to another GTP tunnel, processed automatically, or discarded
• GTP User Library provides loosely coupled application interface enabling user applications and GTP-C stacks to be implemented on the same machine or on different virtual machines in the cloud
• Traffic Policing support for ingress and egress packets. Including DSCP copying and/or remarking and six different Token Bucket Traffic Policing algorithms.
• Support for millions of PDP contexts subject to system configuration
• Support for PDP context statistics indications
• Support for PDP context lifetime indications
• IPsec to GTP interworking
• Supports GTPv1-U (GPRS Tunneling Protocol User Plane Version 1) as specified in 3GPP TS 29.060 and TS 29.281
View more of the latest press releases from across the industry or post your company's news.