Saturday, 18 August 2018

Mobile is connected living – but how do we resolve the disconnect between this philosophy and our networks?

By Jayne Garfitt, for Total Telecom, on behalf of Huawei
Monday 22 February 16

Traditionally a telecoms event, this year’s Mobile World Congress stayed true to its theme of ‘mobile is everything’, with key players from various vertical industries taking part in the conference’s keynote sessions. Ford, for example, revealed its latest progress and future plans for connected cars, while PayPal’s President and CEO Dan Schulman spoke banking. But, if mobile is everything, how are the networks designed to only accommodate voice and messaging going to cope with this explosion of applications and accompanying data?  Today’s digital landscape According to Huawei’s latest global connectivity index, there will be one billion connections globally by 2025. Of these, the report states, 55 per cent will come from the business works, for example smart manufacturing, while the other 45 per cent will come from consumer trends like the Smart Home…

Traditionally a telecoms event, this year’s Mobile World Congress stayed true to its theme of ‘mobile is everything’, with key players from various vertical industries taking part in the conference’s keynote sessions. Ford, for example, revealed its latest progress and future plans for connected cars, while PayPal’s President and CEO Dan Schulman spoke banking. But, if mobile is everything, how are the networks designed to only accommodate voice and messaging going to cope with this explosion of applications and accompanying data?  Today’s digital landscape According to Huawei’s latest global connectivity index, there will be one billion connections globally by 2025. Of these, the report states, 55 per cent will come from the business works, for example smart manufacturing, while the other 45 per cent will come from consumer trends like the Smart Home…

TT PREMIUM CONTENT

If you are a subscriber login here


To access premium content you need to upgrade your account. To find out more click here

Since you're here...

...the Telecoms industry is characterised by constant change and evolution. That's why it's crucial for telecoms professionals to keep up-to-date with what is happening. Join 35,000+ of your peers and sign up to our free newsletter service today, to be in the know about what is going on. PLUS, as a member you can submit your own press releases!

See all membership options

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.

Newsletter signup

Quickly get on board and up to date with the telecoms industry