Friday, 14 December 2018

Grupo Clarin buys into Nextel Argentina for $178m

By Mary Lennighan, Total Telecom
Wednesday 16 September 15

NII Holdings brokers deal that will enable it to focus its attention on its Brazilian operations.

NII Holdings has announced the sale of a 49% stake in its Nextel Argentina operation to Grupo Clarin as part of a strategic alliance between the pair. The deal, worth US$178 million, also gives Clarin the option to purchase the remaining 51% of the mobile operator. Clarin is required to pay $159 million of the sum upfront and the balance within 30 days…

NII Holdings has announced the sale of a 49% stake in its Nextel Argentina operation to Grupo Clarin as part of a strategic alliance between the pair. The deal, worth US$178 million, also gives Clarin the option to purchase the remaining 51% of the mobile operator. Clarin is required to pay $159 million of the sum upfront and the balance within 30 days…

TT PREMIUM CONTENT

If you are a subscriber login here


To access premium content you need to upgrade your account. To find out more click here

Since you're here...

...the Telecoms industry is characterised by constant change and evolution. That's why it's crucial for telecoms professionals to keep up-to-date with what is happening. Join 35,000+ of your peers and sign up to our free newsletter service today, to be in the know about what is going on. PLUS, as a member you can submit your own press releases!

See all membership options

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.

Newsletter signup

Quickly get on board and up to date with the telecoms industry