Energie AG Data is transforming its entire network to provide advanced wholesale Carrier Ethernet and Ethernet business services in Upper Austria. Working in consultation with Kapsch BusinessCom and Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN), Energie AG will enable service provider and enterprise customers to take advantage of a range of new Ethernet offerings. This will equip Energie AG to offer enterprises, utilities, healthcare providers and schools…
Energie AG Data is transforming its entire network to provide advanced wholesale Carrier Ethernet and Ethernet business services in Upper Austria. Working in consultation with Kapsch BusinessCom and Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN), Energie AG will enable service provider and enterprise customers to take advantage of a range of new Ethernet offerings. This will equip Energie AG to offer enterprises, utilities, healthcare providers and schools, greater access to advanced networks and high-bandwidth applications, such as cloud computing, video conferencing and intelligent power grids.
• Energie AG Data is the telecommunications department of Energie AG, the largest utilities services provider in Upper Austria. It operates a network that spans more than 5,000 kilometers, providing Internet access, VoIP, security and hosting services.
• Ciena is supplying a wide range of packet networking platforms for this network enhancement. The 3902, 3916 and 3930 Service Delivery Switches, the 5142, 5150, 5160 Service Aggregation Switches and the 8700 Packetwave Platform provide Energie AG a seamless, end-to-end Carrier Ethernet solution. More specifically, the 8700 offers multi-terabit Ethernet switching and aggregation optimised for 10GbE and 100GbE service aggregation to greatly simplify metro Ethernet networking and help Energie AG cost-effectively grow as market demands evolve toward Carrier Ethernet 2.0 services.
• Additionally, Ciena’s Service-Aware Operating System (SAOS) and OneControl Unified Management System help Energie AG improve operational efficiency and accommodate a variety of deployment scenarios and end-customer demands. OneControl provides greater network visibility to improve bandwidth optimisation, service deployment and troubleshooting.
• As a member of Ciena’s BizConnect partner programme, Kapsch is supported with a robust portfolio of Ciena solutions, training and go-to-market support.
• “Next-generation networks are a key step in meeting requirements for high-capacity, cost-effective bandwidth; especially as organisations increasingly rely on cloud-based services and consumers continue to adopt high-capacity applications. With Ciena and Kapsch we not only have leading, end-to-end networking technology that allows us to offer a wide portfolio of solutions, but also superb service and support.”
Ing. Dr. Manfred Litzlbauer MBA MAS, managing director at Energie AG Data
• “Working with Ciena to deliver advanced business Ethernet services to Energie AG is testament to a strong, effective and valuable partnership. As a Diamond partner in Ciena’s BizConnect programme, we have made strategic investments so that we can deliver both business and technological value to our customers in Europe.”
Ing. Andreas Luftensteiner MBA, sales manager - transmission and broadband, at KapschBusinessCom AG
• “Business success depends on network service performance and availability. With advanced Ethernet services, Energie AG is helping consumers and organisations of all sizes benefit from a variety of essential applications – from mobile connectivity to broadband and high-capacity services – which will help create a brighter, high-speed future for Upper Austria.”
Franck Welter, head of partners, enterprise and public sector, EMEA, at Ciena
View more of the latest press releases from across the industry or post your company's news.