Ciena Corporation (NASDAQ: CIEN), the network specialist, today announced that GTS Central Europe, a leading provider of integrated telecommunications solutions and data center services throughout Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), has deployed Ciena’s converged packet optical solutions to upgrade its international network to 100G. The deployment will provide improved scalability, capacity and low latency to support the growing high-bandwidth requirements of GTS&rsquo…
Ciena Corporation (NASDAQ: CIEN), the network specialist, today announced that GTS Central Europe, a leading provider of integrated telecommunications solutions and data center services throughout Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), has deployed Ciena’s converged packet optical solutions to upgrade its international network to 100G. The deployment will provide improved scalability, capacity and low latency to support the growing high-bandwidth requirements of GTS’ enterprise and government customers as well as 100GE backbone services to enable efficient connectivity for carriers and content providers to their regional networks.
• GTS owns and operates an extensive fiber optic and data center network throughout the CEE region, providing a full range of services that ranges from basic voice and data, to complex virtual private networks and managed cloud environments. It targets global corporations, carriers and public institutions needing infrastructure services throughout the CEE region.
• After successfully testing Ciena’s solutions, GTS selected the 6500 Packet-Optical Platform with WaveLogic 3 Coherent Optical Processors to provide 100G capacity along its high-traffic routes in Poland, Czech Republic and Germany.
• An important feature of Ciena’s 6500 leveraged in this deployment is the ability to support 100GE services in addition to unregenerated 100G wavelengths over distances of 1400 kms on GTS’ transport network.
• This deployment builds upon a long-standing relationship between Ciena and GTS, which has already deployed Ciena’s 4200 Family, CoreStream Agility Optical Transport System and packet networking products throughout its network.
• “By deploying Ciena’s 6500 Packet-Optical Platform, GTS can continue to deliver on our commitment to provide the latest technologies and innovative solutions for our business customers. Ciena’s converged packet optical technology allows us to provide capacity and latency improvements to our international networks, and support bandwidth-intensive services and enterprise applications.”
- Sunny Kumar, vice president of marketing and business development at GTS
• “As a long-term partner to GTS, we have experienced with them the increasing need for high-capacity networks in the Central and Eastern European region. Future-proofing for this demand requires not only additional capacity, but also a cost-efficient infrastructure that enables telecom operators to support the service offerings their customers demand. With our converged packet optical solutions, GTS’ upgraded network will do just that to meet the growing transport and latency sensitive needs of their customers in the CEE region and beyond.”
- Nick Walden, regional managing director, Northern Europe at Ciena
• Ciena’s OPn network architecture for building next-gen networks combines optical and packet networking with software programmability and open interfaces.
• Architected for network modernization, Ciena’s 6500 converges comprehensive Ethernet, TDM and WDM capabilities into a single platform to support cost-effective delivery of emerging and existing services—from the access edge to the backbone core.
• Ciena was recently named as the worldwide leader in Optical Packet Platforms in the recent Optical Transport Quarterly Report issued by analyst firm Dell’Oro Group.
• Ciena is the pioneer and market leader of coherent optical technology with 24,000 coherent 40G/100G line interfaces shipped to over 150 customers across the globe, with nearly 25 million coherent kilometers deployed.
View more of the latest press releases from across the industry or post your company's news.