Empirix today announced Empirix Roaming and Inter-carrier Assurance Analytics, a new suite of solutions that combines service assurance and network analytics to provide performance and business intelligence insights on inter-carrier traffic. With Empirix Roaming Assurance & Analytics, mobile operators can ensure the roaming experience and maximise partnership revenues for voice, data and SMS traffic. In addition, Empirix enables fixed line operators to assure customer experience in Least Cost Routing and rural call termination scenarios, even when calls are routed off their networks…
Empirix today announced Empirix Roaming and Inter-carrier Assurance Analytics, a new suite of solutions that combines service assurance and network analytics to provide performance and business intelligence insights on inter-carrier traffic. With Empirix Roaming Assurance & Analytics, mobile operators can ensure the roaming experience and maximise partnership revenues for voice, data and SMS traffic. In addition, Empirix enables fixed line operators to assure customer experience in Least Cost Routing and rural call termination scenarios, even when calls are routed off their networks.
Intercarrier traffic plays an increasingly critical role in network operation for mobile and fixed line operators. Mobile network operators need to know that outbound roamers being steered to specific networks are receiving the quality being requested. Carriers need to ensure a quality experience for inbound roamers, especially those from high-volume partners. In fixed line environments, interconnects and service providers routing calls to partners for more cost-effective termination must also assure quality across multiple legs and quickly troubleshoot problems, both on and off the network.
“Tracking, ensuring and analysing inter-carrier traffic - be it inbound or outbound; voice, video or data - is vital to extending coverage, maximising operator profits and providing a seamless customer experience. However, gaining visibility into roaming and call routing across multiple networks and environments can be difficult,” said Franco Messori, Chief Strategy Officer of Empirix. “With Empirix Roaming and Inter-carrier Assurance Analytics, operators benefit from new insight into quality as they pass calls, data and roamers to partner networks to assure performance and capitalise on new revenue opportunities.”
Empirix Roaming and Inter-carrier Assurance Analytics leverages the Empirix System Architecture (ESA), which unifies industry-leading Empirix testing and monitoring technologies with predictive analytics and business intelligence capabilities. With Empirix, operators benefit from the following capabilities for visibility, assurance and transparency for inter-carrier traffic:
· Roaming Analytics––Easily analyse and characterise user behaviours and how traffic travels across different networks under differing conditions. This data can be further analysed by customer, by carrier or by device. Armed with this information, operators can make smarter decisions about partnership priorities, pricing plans and how to best cultivate key corporate accounts.
· Inter-carrier Performance Analysis––Seamless visibility into performance across originating and destination call legs, reporting quality metrics before and after handoffs. Alerts on degrading conditions enable carriers using LCR algorithms to quickly reroute traffic to alternative providers while problems are being investigated.
· Predictive Analytics–Proactive assurance with automatic detection, diagnosis and actionable intelligence that alerts operators to subscriber and Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Applications (QoA) issues as they develop.
· End-to-End Troubleshooting & Diagnostics––Analysis of roaming and service interworking issues across LTE/3G environments with advanced troubleshooting tools with in-context drill down and direct export to partners.
· Data Collection, Correlation & Mediation––Open, modular approach to data collection to ensure and report on roaming activities. Empirix leverages existing information, and offers powerful probes to collect what is missing – including OSS/BSS, siloed network monitoring systems, disparate data sources and more, where available - and intelligently correlates this data to support a company’s operational and analytical needs.
· Business Intelligence & Advanced Reporting––Pre-defined reports and a powerful engine with complete access to raw data, user-defined KPIs and historical information streamlines the creation of wide range of user defined reports – whether it is to validate SLAs, comply with Global Roaming Quality (GRQ) regulations or analyse profitability by partnership.
More information on Empirix Roaming and Inter-carrier Assurance Analytics is available online at: http://www.empirix.com/solutions/monitoring/roaming-intercarrier.aspx.
View more of the latest press releases from across the industry or post your company's news.